Full of antioxidants, the drink has several health and well-being benefits. Here are 5 of these powers that will make you a fan of this ancient tea.
1) Soothing effects: the high concentration of L-theanine in Matcha is an ally and both to combat mental and psychological stress. It is no wonder that many Buddhist monks often drink this tea before entering into meditation processes.
2) Vitality: do you know that vigor that we may need in the middle of the afternoon, when a sleep hits? Matcha has a high revitalizing power, helping with concentration.
3) Protects your health: a cup of Matcha contains 10 times more antioxidants than the same amount of high quality bulk green tea. Which means that we are facing a drink that is a powerful reinforcement in the fight against free radicals, which cause premature aging.
4) Diuretic power: Matcha contributes to the reduction of fluid retention in our body, which is a great help to eliminate swelling in various parts of the body.
5) Quench hunger: due to the presence of an antioxidant that stimulates the release of a hormone called CCK (cholecystokinin), the drink helps to send to our brain the information that the stomach is full and gives the feeling of satiety.
With all these benefits, it's hard to resist! I like my matcha cold with almond milk (great option for those with lactose intolerance). It's a refreshing option for the warm mornings. After all, It's almost spring!!!